sarah vs the world

Not a video game, not a comic, not a band, but an amazing adventure continues...

Monday, August 03, 2026

Part two - 2025....

After the Club World Cup, I took some time off.  Went back to Orlando to pick up Gatsby who had been staying with Sara & Ben.  He was very happy to see me, but he did have a great time.  Then we started a big road trip to see all of the family.  We stopped in Atlanta and Knoxville.  Then we surprised Mom and Dad in Ohio for a few days before heading to Nashville to meet up with the other Grubbs.  It was a well needed break and a great time with the family.  
My immediate arrival back in Florida
Atlanta Creek Exploring
Nashville Full Grubb Family Times



Malcolm and I over some different times
After the Nashville family trip, Gatsby and I took Mom and Dad to the mountains in Georgia.  We had a lovely relaxing time.  It was actually a fabulous wine region which we definitely enjoyed.  


After the trip, I headed back to Miami to get back to work.  Celebrated my birthday, had some fun dog days out and started to get ready for a big fall trip to Cuidad de Mexico, Toronto and LA.  Elizabeth and I spent a bit more time in LA with her husband, Kevin.  It was so much fun. 
My birthday at work
Post-work birthday drinks and the best Philly Cheesesteak egg rolls ever.  
Trivia Night for my Birthday (no different to other trivia nights!)
Dog Days Out to a Farm with our friends Jess & Broxie
To an indoor doggie play center and bakery for Halloween
To brunch for a Halloween Costume Contest
Connor came to visit us so we could see the Phillies
And it was the day that there was Philly Karen...
And separately, Gatsby and I went to see the Marlins and the Mets
Mexico City
Bellas Artes
Diego Rivera
Toronto

Lots of fun times in LA...Oscar Museum



Out and about...



Dinner in Manhattan Beach


Tour of Paramount Studios

Hollywood Cemetery
Site visit to Sofi Stadium (I was really impressed with the stadium regardless of what I look like in this photo!)
Got back and managed to fit in a visit to see Connor in St Pete.  We went to the beach, and I got to see the Ringing House and Museum in Sarasota.  
Out for drinks with Connor

The Ringling House

Day out at the Beach

Elizabeth and I had a surprise visit from Ross so we took him to my fav place to eat in Wynnwood, KYU.
As it got closer to the end of the year, I decided my time at FIFA had come to an end so I wrapped up and starting driving back to South Carolina.  
Meeting with the FIFA Ceremonies Ladies
Elizabeth and I watching the Final Draw in the Pub, while the rest of our team was in DC
The last of us left before Christmas
Gatsby's photo with Santa
I did get to go see the final of the MLS at the stadium in Ft Lauderdale with Gatsby's dog sitter.  It was super fun.  Of course, Miami won.  Very cool to see.  

Gatsby's last photo as his favorite daycare
We packed up and drove to Pawleys Island for Christmas.  We met Mom and Dad there.  We also had the Brookes family join us just after Christmas.  We had a murder mystery New Year's Eve party and we managed to see the lights on display at Brookgreen Gardens.  We also went into Charleston to see some warships for David.  Lots of games were played.  We even made pizza in Fran's pizza oven.

The Murder Party Photo
In our Christmas Present from the Brookes
Gatsby with his new toy from the Brookes as well
At Brookgreen's Night of A Thousand Candles

That basically wraps up 2025.  Even though I decided FIFA wasn't for me, I got work lined up in 2026 and moved into the beach house for a quite a while.  More to come in the next post for the start of 2026.  For the curious, we are no longer in Pawleys Island, but we did have quite a few visitors while we were there.
Sarah and Gatsby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home