sarah vs the world

Not a video game, not a comic, not a band, but an amazing adventure continues...

Wednesday, August 05, 2026

The start of 2026....

A new year, a new place to live, a new vibe.  2026 started out in Pawleys Island.  Gatsby and I got back into some regular time spent on the island beach, our fav beer garden and had to get used to some wintery weather again.  But at least it wasn't as cold as it was up north.

Connor came to visit the week of the Super Bowl.  We also watched lots of Winter Olympics including the Opening Ceremony.  

Gatsby in his usual 'Connor has arrived' position
I also managed to get in a quick trip to Nashville to see the kids perform in Into The Woods Junior. It was sensational. So fun to see them both on stage! Lots of family was there to cheer them on!

I was doing some freelance work as an Executive Producer. I had one event at the Indy Motor Speedway which was really fun and another one a bit later on in Scottsdale. It meant I got to stop in Ohio and back in PA before heading back to Pawleys. We had Gatsby's 4th Birthday just before I drove over to Indy. Bernie and Patrick came to stay in Pawleys for a long weekend which was fun.
Gatsby's birthday dinner
At his fav window in Ohio
Gatsby's sign at a protest in Springfield
Bernie and Patrick in Pawleys


Gatsby was sad I didn't bring his real tent to the beach.  This make shift one was not good enough.
Photos from the Indy Gig

From the Scottsdale Gig

In between work trips, we had a few more visitors in Pawleys.  My parents came down with Jeannie to stay, right after we had Sara Shives come to visit. 
Jeannie and Gatsby
Shives with her St Patty's Day Meal
Our last day Pawleys Island Beach
Around June, we started driving up north to help Shives with the Special Olympic USA Games Ceremonies in Minneapolis.  It was great to spend some time there.  Gatsby go to meet his cousin.  I drove out to Lakeville to see our old house(s) and the high school.  The shows went really well.  It was a great time!
We did manage to stop in West Virginia to see Jenn, Andrew and Pickles at Frisco Ranch.  Here are the dogs on the way to the brewery...sadly the only photo we took!
Gatsby with his cousin, Squiggy...sadly they weren't the best of buds, but this was a happier moment
Lakeville (North) High School
Our old house
Opening Ceremony Day

My parents, Jonny and Chris at the the show
The Production Team after Opening Ceremony
We managed to fit in a big dinner with our friends, The Theisens again.  It was so fun. We even got some of my favorite Special Olympic Volunteers, Julie and Jennifer to join us.

After Minnesota, I drove back to both Ohio and Pennsylvania for a bit of pre-production work before heading down to Austin to do another Exec Producer gig.  This time I was running it all myself, so it was a great opportunity to get a bunch of my favorite people involved.  Just a standard ballroom show and it was super hot, but we had a great time....even when the power went out for a while, luckily not while our event was happening....ugh.
Connor and I in the ballroom
My company logo in the ballroom
Back up in Philly after the event to start getting ready to fully pack up for the next big move.  We got in a trip to our fav creek, visited with Emily and Ange, hung out with Paul and Abbey and got in more time at our (their) house with Bernie and Patrick.   
Abbey and Gatsby while I was away

Gatsby's last trip to the creek park
This guy loves Patrick
One last trip to the pub
Emily and I at lunch
So Gatsby and I are currently on a long stayover in Ohio on the big trip west.  We stopped for one night at the Omni in Bedford Springs where Gatsby enjoyed a lovely sirloin dinner and walks around the property.  We will be in Ohio until mid-Aug and should arrive in LA around the end of Aug/early September.  Looking forward to moving into our new place and unpacking for a while. 
Gatsby's fancy dog meal
Gatsby and I at the property
More news to come I am sure on our way across the country, primarily via Route 66.  It will be very hot I am sure.  I am not doing it all alone.  Bernie will come meet us for the 2nd half of the trip which will be fun.  I am sure she and Patrick will get out to LA in winter when they need to escape the cold.  
Hope everyone is well.  Sorry it took so long to get this updated.  I will do better from LA I am sure.
Love
Sarah & Gatsby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home